- The Web Servant must have a working knowledge of how a website is maintained as well as having access to a personal computer and the internet. It is suggested that the Web Servant have at least two years sobriety as well as experience in the General Service structure.
- Keeping in mind that adherence to our Traditions and Concepts overrides the need to have technical expertise; an effort will be made to sponsor someone into the position of Web Servant. We need a trusted servant who knows how we must work together in order to make a website an effective communication tool.
- The Saskatchewan General Service Conference Committee shall employ a management company to host and maintain the website. The requirements of the host are as follows:
- To perform any task that is required by the Assembly, but is beyond the technical expertise of the Web Servant, and has been deemed to be a reasonable or necessary expense.
- To assist the Web Servant in learning how to access their service and update meeting lists, roundup information, etc…
- To acknowledge the Web Servant as manager of, and primary contact for, the website, aasask.org, in accordance with Area 91 guidelines. The Web Servant shall act as a liaison to the web hosting provider, and as the primary website contact to the fellowship, be accountable to the guidance of the assembly.
- The Web Servant. shall be appointed by a committee of incoming and outgoing Table Officers, and the chosen applicant shall serve for a term of two years and may be reappointed for one additional, consecutive term of two years.
- At the end of their term, the outgoing Web Servant shall provide the incoming appointee with a document containing valid server information. This shall include, but not be limited to, URLs, passwords, security information. The outgoing Web Servant shall also facilitate any necessary change with the hosting provider to change billing information, or introduce the new appointee as a contact and liaison to the Saskatchewan General Service Conference Committee, Area 91.
- The Web Servant shall sit on a committee along with two current DCMs and a table officer who will chair the committee.
- The Web Servant shall be a voting member of the Assembly only on matters pertaining to the web site.
- The Website shall preferably be registered with “aa” and “sask.org” in the name and be registered in the name of the Saskatchewan General Service Conference Committee, Area 91.
- The Chairperson of the Saskatchewan General Service Conference Committee, Area 91 would be named owner of the domain registration.
- The billing contact would be the Area 91 Treasurer, however, renewal of the domain name and hosting service would be the responsibility of the Web Servant.
- The technical contact would be the Website’s Internet Service Provider through the Web Servant.
- Technical access to the Website would be limited to the Area 91Chairperson, and Web Servant.