Contributions to Area 91
Self-Support: Where Money and Spirituality MixThe A.A. groups themselves ought to be fully supported by the voluntary contributions of their own members. We think that each group should soon achieve this ideal; that any public solicitation of funds using the name of Alcoholics Anonymous is highly dangerous, whether by groups, clubs, hospitals, or other outside agencies; that acceptance of large gifts from any source, or of contributions carrying any obligation whatever is unwise. Then too, we view with much concern those A.A. treasuries which continue, beyond prudent reserves, to accumulate funds for no stated A.A. purpose. Experience has often warned us that nothing can so surely destroy our spiritual heritage as futile disputes over property, money, and authority. – TRADITION 7 – Long Form
Groups and Districts with excess funds are urged to distribute those funds within A.A. to ensure that the A.A. message is carried to the still-suffering alcoholic, no matter where he or she may be.
Individual members often make their contributions on the spiritual basis of belonging to A.A. worldwide. Some choose, in addition to supporting their home group, to make an annual contribution that is divided between their district, Area 91, and the General Service Office in New York.
CONTRIBUTIONS TO AREA 91 ASSEMBLY
Area 91 Treasurer
5310-A Universal Crescent
Regina, SK S4W 0K7
- Please make all cheques payable to “Area 91 Assembly”.
- Please include in the Comments or Note the following: your group name, the District number your group
belongs to, and the name and address where the receipt should be mailed.
- You may include contributions to both the Pink Can Fund and Area 91 Assembly on the same cheque.
Please include a note with the cheque describing the breakdown. One receipt will be mailed separating the
contributions on the same receipt.
- Unless otherwise stated in the memo portion of the cheque the Treasurer will apply the contribution to the
Area 91 Assembly general account.
- If your group has a cheque book, please give the treasurer a cheque instead of cash.
CONTRIBUTIONS TO G.S.O. MAY BE MAILED TO:
Post Office Box 2407
James A Farley Station
New York, NY 10116-2407
- Please make your cheques payable to “General Fund”.
- Include your Group Service Number, District Number, and Area 91 on your cheque or on an attached note
with your cheque
CONTRIBUTIONS TO DISTRICT AND LOCAL INTERGROUP ENTITIES
- Please contact your DCM and/or local Intergroup/Central Office.
and for the contributions you have made in the Spirit of Love and Service! ***